Monday, October 13, 2014

Boy's quilt

Huxley is getting sooo long legged, he needed a twin sized quilt.  I found this panel at a Fiber Arts meeting I think.  Someone was parting with it for a dollar or two and Huxley loves trains.


The panel was not big enough for a quilt, so I added a border I purchased with all types of vehicles on it.


Not quite enough red fabric, so I added blue to top and bottom.


I picked up this fabric as he loves construction equipment as much as he loves trains.


I also picked up a complementary fabric with cartoon type construction equipment.

I bordered those blocks with blue and yellow because his bedroom had blue walls.
I machine appliqued his name on top of the quilt with a blanket stitch in blue.


My gracious and talented sister, Terri, used her long arm to meander around the blocks.  In the center she designed a spiral with cogs on the outside.


Not sure which side he will choose as the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment